CLAREMONT, CA. – The No. 14 Pomona-Pitzer Men's Tennis team took a tight 6-3 loss to the No 5 University of Chicago on Monday night. The Sagehens struggled in doubles as the Maroons won all three matches, but tried to make a comeback in singles. Unfortunately, Chicago clinched three wins in singles to take the match.
Season Impact: The loss sets the Sagehens back with a 9-4 record overall.
Jed Kronenberg continues his impressive run in no. 1 singles, improving his individual record to 11-1 after defeating Nicolas Chua. Sam Malech extended his winning streak to seven matches after defeating Abhin Sharman in no. 5 singles 6-3 and 7-5. Malech's record improved to 8-2. Senior Marko Mandic powered his way to a big 6-2 and 6-3 victory over Charlie Pei in no. 4 singles.
1. Jed Kronenberg (PP) def. Nicolas Chua, 6-1, 6-0.
2. Luke Tsai (UC) def. Octave Bellet De Giacomoni, 6-2, 6-1.
3. Jeremy Yuan (UC) def. Josh Gearou, 6-2, 6-1.
4. Marko Mandic (PP) def. Charlie Pei, 6-2, 6-3.
5. Sam Malech (PP) def. Abhin Sharma, 6-3, 7-5.
6. Peter Leung (UC) def. Jacob Schoenherr, 6-3, 6-4.
1. Ninan Kumar/Nicolas Chua (UC) def. Jed Kronenberg/Kalyan Chadalavada, 8-5.
2. Abhin Sharma/Tyler Raclin (UC) def. Octave Bellet De Giacomini/Avery Bicks, 8-2.
3. Charlie Pei/Bobby Bethke (UC) def. Quinn Hirsohn/Marko Mandic, 8-7 (4).
Up Next: The Sagehens will host Williams College on Wednesday, March 21st at 4 p.m.